Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby Bump: 36 Weeks


Technically, I am 36 weeks and 4 days which means that in 3 days I will be full term.  Full term is 37-42 weeks; that's a long waiting game, guys!  Everyone around me seems convinced that she will not make her arrival until after my due date.  I wouldn't mind at all if she decided to make her arrival a little earlier than that (but none of the women in my family has ever had their baby before their due date).  I have been very lucky with a complication free pregnancy but the aches and pains that come during the last trimester are no joke.  I've heard it said time and time again that when pregnant there comes a point when one is so uncomfortable that the fear of labor is no longer a concern.  I don't know if I'm quite at that point yet but I do feel it is right around the corner.  I wake up everyday with my hips feeling bruised.  Or I can't go to sleep due to my hip pain.  Or I hoist myself off the couch only to have my legs lock and it takes me a minute to move them (think the tin man in The Wizard of Oz when he gets rusty and needs to be oiled up--that's how I walk when I've been sitting for too long--too long sometimes being as short as thirty minutes). Arghh!

In other pregnancy related news, we have completed our Bradley class training and Bryan received his official Bradley Coach Card! Woot, woot!  Yes, he literally has a card called "Official Coach Card" with his name on it that he can whip out of his wallet anytime the fancy strikes.  He's official after all.  This "coach card" stems back from the days when it was not common for husbands to be in the delivery room and this coach card was issued upon completion of class and it was required for the husband to have it to be in the room with his wife.  Now it's a novelty since anyone can be in the delivery room (at least at the birth center, there's no limit on the number of people allowed) but Bryan's awfully proud of it.  And I'm proud to have him as my husband and birth coach.

Speaking of my husband.  Today is his birthday!


And while I'm sitting in the office typing this, he is putting together our baby's crib.  When really, he should be relaxing while I make him french toast or an omelet or some equally delicious breakfast.  He's been doing a lot of hard work around here especially since it's getting harder for me to move (just try a couple of squats with a 25 pound bowling ball strapped to your waist and you'll see what I mean). He recently figured out how to install crown molding (not an easy fete!) and it looks so good in the nursery (picture soon, I promise!).


And he brought the electrical up to code in the nursery.  An outlet on every wall is a dream!!  I'm so excited to not be limited by outlet placement when it comes to placing furniture in the room. (on a side note, I'm not sure why my touch up paint is different from my wall color.  I stir the paint through out the process of painting but it seems like the colorant settled.  Unfortunately, this was color matched paint and I'm not sure how I'm going to remedy it). 


And that's just a small sample of things he's been up to in the nursery.  I better hop off here and show him some much deserved appreciation on this special birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Hey guys it's Joanie from DIY!! Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I came to your blog and what a surprise!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joanie! If you all find yourselves in our neighborhood working on a house, please feel free to stop by. It'd be fun to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so adorable and belated happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when the pigments don't look the same when you touch up. Hate. That happened in our hallway and I just ignore it. ;) The crown moulding looks awesome, as do you. Such a beautiful woman you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. K, you look GORGEOUS!! Has baby girl made her arrival yet?

    I hear ya, girl...pregnancy is so worth it (like you I've had a low-risk pregnancy so far) but I miss sleeping on my back. Heck, even sleeping thru the night would be nice (good pactice for later, I guess). I wake up w/ side-aches & that ginger, bruised hip feeling too!

    Best of luck w/ labor & delivery!! Happy belated bday to your huby. Can't wait to see the nursery--that crown moulding looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every photo in this post looks beautiful - even the unmatched paint!
    Kudos to hubby for tackling crown molding....It's simplicity belies the hard work required to make it seamless. Nice job with the soft colors and good luck with baby... As a mother of three (all grown up now) I say rest, rest, and rest some more!

    ReplyDelete